Web-based software could come up with DC ideas.

Software packages you can use to create your own distributed computing project application software.

Moderators: Jwb52z, kpearson

Web-based software could come up with DC ideas.

Postby jasong » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:10 pm

Has anyone thought about using web-based software(insert cool software name here) to come up with ideas for DC projects? I'm thinking there could be a Wiki page for ideas, and people who want to do a project could go there to get ideas or write their own. Obviously, most posts wouldn't be well thought out, but an intelligent programmer could come up with a worm of an idea and run with it.

There could be a page for math projects, thinking machine projects, molecular modeling, all kinds of stuff. The posts would expire after about a month, and 5 or 10 users that have higher privileges could consolidate what they like. Additionally, most people could have NO Wiki privileges, but there'd be links in the distributedcomputing.info forums that go back and forth from different pages. If I may get really nutty, or creative, there could be text strings copied from the Wiki page when one topic strays into another topic on the Wiki. Basically, when you started the new topic, or off-shoot, without starting a new thread, you'd very kindly copy and paste that text string at the start of your message as sort of an anchor for local searchers, and possibly Googlers. It might even go at the very start of new threads so searchers don't have to puzzle whether or not a topic title applies to what they're interested in.
jasong

Idea

Postby CAEman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:36 pm

I'm not a programmer, but I have an idea, that 'serious' research tasks are more effectively solved with Grid computing systems. What may be more perspective for home distributed computing systems now, see my topic: http://distributedcomputing.info/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1585.
CAEman

Return to Development Platforms