RieselSieve accomplishment

News and project updates which haven't been added to distributedcomputing.info yet.

Moderators: Jwb52z, CedricVonck, kpearson, Honza, Lupine1647

RieselSieve accomplishment

Postby CedricVonck » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:12 am

RieselSieve sieved 500.000G (or 500T) with Boinc.
CedricVonck

Postby Jwb52z » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:15 pm

Sieve Reaches 500T Milestone
Posted 27 Feb 2007 by Lee

After much effort from you, the Riesel Sieve Project is pleased to announce that we have completely sieved the riesel.dat to 500T. Some may have 'thought' we reached this milestone a month ago, but I had a few stranded/abandoned ranges here and there to clean up. After cleaning those up, I found more and more very small ranges here and there to finish. Now, I'm 99.99999% sure that everything below 500T has been sieved.

This is quite an accomplishment and goes further to show the power of the boinc infrastructure. Without boinc we'd still be around 300T and not moving very fast. My studies also show just one work unit below 750T. That's FLYING thru the sieve. With our recent upgrade of sieve clients to sr2sieve where we now have PPC, stable linux clients and such....we should reach 1000T in no time. Now that will be one hell of an accomplishment.

Thanks to everyone for helping us here at Riesel Sieve remove as many candidates from the Riesel.dat. This will reduce the work load considerably on our LLR effort.
Jwb52z

Return to New News