Grid.org Rosetta Job News and connection problem news

News and project updates which haven't been added to distributedcomputing.info yet.

Moderators: Jwb52z, CedricVonck, kpearson, Honza, Lupine1647

Grid.org Rosetta Job News and connection problem news

Postby Jwb52z » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:36 am

UD - Robby Brewer
UD Employee

10 Feb 2006 17:01 Post subject: Rosetta Job

Dear Members,

We have finished processing the current Rosetta job. A new one will be uploaded tonight. Some members may have experienced a "Cannot connect" message due to this. Until the new job is active, I have reset the current one to continue to dispatch to prevent these messages.

Thank you for your contribution.

UD - Robby Brewer
UD Employee

13 Feb 2006 15:09 Post subject: Unable to connect

Dear Members,

We are currently experiencing an issue with agents not being able to connect to the UD servers. This is due to the huge amounts of results we have received for Ligandfit (as well as Rosetta). Since we have been looking into an issue with aborted WUs on the Ligandfit job, I have not been running the result rollup script. This is the process that consolidates the results and then allows us to delete all of the temporary files.

Since we have valid results for all of the current Cancer WUs, I will go ahead and run the rollup script. As soon as that finishes processing, we will be able to delete the temporary result files and dispatching will resume. I will upload a new chunk of cancer data later today.
Jwb52z

Postby Jwb52z » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:37 pm

UD - Robby Brewer
UD Employee

19 Feb 2006 00:08 Post subject: New Cancer Job

Dear Members,

I have uploaded another batch of cancer data. The last job will remain active for a few days to give members time to receive credit for any outstanding workunits. Since these new workunits are processing so quickly, I do not think we need to wait a whole week.

Thank you for your contribution.
Jwb52z

Return to New News